As one of the North East’s Premier Golf Clubs, Whitely Bay Golf Club aspires to be recognised regionally and nationally for the quality of not just the Golf Course but also for the all round experience provided by our professional and friendly colleagues and enjoyed by members and visitors alike.
The Club offers a well equipped kitchen, a bar, dining room and lounge area overlooking the 18th green. As well as golfers and visiting golf parties, the Club has a healthy social membership and there is opportunity to supply food to the general public and groups affiliated with the Club.
The position requires the applicant to manage all areas of the catering operation, by providing an exceptional high level of food and service. The franchise also offers many possibilities to increase revenue by marketing the venue to increase footfall in the Clubhouse.
The applicant must demonstrate the following:-
- The possession of necessary food preparation and Health & Safety certificates
- The ability to deliver quality food alongside a customer focused front of house service
- The ability to work as part of a busy Clubhouse team
- Experience in providing a similar type of catering elsewhere
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with other Golf Club staff
- IT and marketing skills to promote the catering services and Clubhouse events
- A willingness to work alongside the General Manager and Club officials in producing a selection of varied menus which include a range of locally sourced and homemade products
- Seasonal flexibility to open early to serve breakfast and late evenings for events
The Caterers must adhere to the Club Code of Conduct and a high level of professionalism is expected of all catering team members.
The Golf Club will provide a fully equipped kitchen and dining area. A monthly rental fee will be charged as well as a percentage of daily takings.
The successful applicant will be required to sign a service agreement for a period of time mutually agreed.
All interested parties to apply in writing including a covering letter, detailed CV including sample menus and professional references to the General Manager at the address below or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 4th February 2022